Welcome to the Gentle Birth Method Foundation Clinic
We are proud and honoured to be of service to mothers and fathers.
What is the ‘Gentle Birth Method’?
It is a pioneering lifestyle programme making mother’s birth-fit and birthing manageable. The Gentle Birth Method was established by world-renowned childbirth pioneer Dr Marie Gowri Motha in 1986. It is a 360-degree programme that aims to prepare mothers and fathers for a gentle birth – physically, mentally and emotionally – and helps babies feel safe within the womb.
Birthing is a very special function of a mother’s body. As such it needs special care and preparation in order for the contractions to be manageable and birthing to be an empowering experience, whereby the mother has the ability and confidence that they can give birth in a calm, intimate and bonding way.
The ‘Gentle Birth Method’ book is a best seller it was published in 2004 followed by ‘The Gentle First Year’ in 2006.
Renowned natural childbirth pioneer Dr Yehudi Gordon strongly recommends her work and her clients include: Elle Macpherson, Kate Moss, Stella McCartney, Lady Helen Windsor, Gwyneth Paltrow, Sienna Miller, Sophie Hunter Cumberbatch and Meghan the Duchess of Sussex.
For further details of Gentle Birth Method please see: http://www.gentlebirthmethod.com
Dr Motha set up the Gentle Birth Method Foundation Clinic in order to bring the benefits of the Gentle Birth Method to pregnant mothers in the NHS. It is a registered not for profit charity – Charity Number: 1173798
The Gentle Birth Foundation are delighted to offer you the following:
Gentle Birth Method Foundation Treatments
- Pregnancy Reflexology with GBM Specialist Reflexologist – at the Whittington Hospital (Also available at the Kailash Centre (NW8) at normal treatment rates)
Gentle Birth Method Foundation Classes
- Gentle Birth Method Hypnobirth ‘The Gowri Way’ 4 week course, PLUS weekly yoga (with GBM Hypnobirth ‘The Gowri Way’ top ups) and MP3 downloads.
See below for more information on these classes and treatments:
Gentle Birth Method Foundation treatment details
- Pregnancy Reflexology by the GBM Specialist Reflexologist. (£35 donation for NHS patients)
- One to one sessions for 50 minutes,
- Available on: Tuesdays and Fridays. Location – 5th floor Fetal Medicine Unit, Whittington Hospital.
- Also available on: Mondays at the Kailash Centre (NW8) £70 per session.
What is it? There are ‘reflex’ points on the feet linked to every part of the body. By massaging these points in a specific way reflexology can benefit your whole body. Pregnancy Reflexology helps relieve pregnancy symptoms, reduce stress and induce calm, increase energy levels, as well as cleanse the lymphatic system and the gut. See FAQs for more information.
The Gentle Birth Method Specialist Reflexologist is Adele, please see link: https://www.gentlebirthmethod.com/practitioners/adele-sarah-carby-gbm-specialist-pregnancy-reflexologist
Gentle Birth Method Foundation Classes
- Gentle Birth Method Hypnobirth ‘The Gowri Way’ 4 week course, PLUS weekly Pregnancy Yoga (with GBM Hypnobirth ‘The Gowri Way’ top ups) and MP3 downloads. (£350 donation)
A 4-week 90 minute Gentle Birth Method Hypnobirth ‘The Gowri Way’ course for couples
Tuesdays 6pm – 7.30pm (new course every month)
Live online by Zoom
For maximum benefit, enrol on the Visualisation course at around 20 weeks gestation, or as soon as you can.
Teaches self-hypnosis and ‘trance’ techniques on how to deeply relax all the muscles in your body.
The course also includes visualisation of your baby’s development in your womb with welcoming thoughts that help the mother and baby bond deeply all the way through pregnancy.
We also include a visualisation of how the mother’s body prepares for birth and breastfeeding
The classes teach couples techniques on how to visualise and manifest the release of their own endorphins. Endorphins are nature’s own anaesthetic agents!
Mothers can practise these techniques all the way through pregnancy to encourage a comfortable pregnancy and a manageable birthing process.
Each session concludes with an effective and beautiful Birth Rehearsal.
You will be emailed class summaries and the GBM Pregnancy Guidelines and Summary Chart.
Included in the course fee are:
- Two MP3 audio files, ‘Prepare for Birth’, by Gowri and Continuous Visualisation by Gowri so you can listen to a track every day. This helps your mind to be pre-programmed for birth, so that on your birthing day, both mother and father are ready and equipped with strategies to able to manage the sensations of the birthing process easily.
- Weekly 60 minute live zoom Pregnancy Yoga classes, followed by 30 minute relaxation and visualisation top ups, from enrollment through to your birth.
This is for pregnant mothers only! Though fathers can join the 30 minute Visualisation if they wish on Zoom!
You will need: a Yoga mat, a small and a large cushion, a blanket and some water.
Once your booking is received, we will email you a Zoom link for your four week course and your Wednesday pregnancy yoga. Your GBM Pregnancy Guidelines and class summaries will be emailed to you and your MP3 audio file will be sent by Wetransfer for you to download (the link will expire).
Gentle Birth Method Foundation Clinic is a not for profit registered charity organisation.
Charity Number: 1173798