Welcome to the Gentle Birth Method Foundation Clinic
We are proud and honoured to be of service to mothers and fathers.
What is the ‘Gentle Birth Method’?
It is a pioneering lifestyle programme making mother’s birth-fit and birthing manageable. The Gentle Birth Method was established by world-renowned childbirth pioneer Dr Marie Gowri Motha in 1986. It is a 360-degree programme that aims to prepare mothers and fathers for a gentle birth – physically, mentally and emotionally – and helps babies feel safe within the womb.
Birthing is a very special function of a mother’s body. As such it needs special care and preparation in order for the contractions to be manageable and birthing to be an empowering experience, whereby the mother has the ability and confidence that they can give birth in a calm, intimate and bonding way.
The ‘Gentle Birth Method’ book is a best seller it was published in 2004 followed by ‘The Gentle First Year’ in 2006.
Renowned natural childbirth pioneer Dr Yehudi Gordon strongly recommends her work and her clients include: Elle Macpherson, Kate Moss, Stella McCartney, Lady Helen Windsor, Gwyneth Paltrow, Sienna Miller, Sophie Hunter Cumberbatch and Meghan the Duchess of Sussex.
For further details of Gentle Birth Method please see: http://www.gentlebirthmethod.com
Dr Motha set up the Gentle Birth Method Foundation Clinic in order to bring the benefits of the Gentle Birth Method to pregnant mothers in the NHS. It is a registered not for profit charity – Charity Number: 1173798
The Gentle Birth Foundation are delighted to offer you the following:
Gentle Birth Method Foundation Classes
- Gentle Birth Method Hypnobirth ‘The Gowri Way’ 4 week course, PLUS weekly yoga (with GBM Hypnobirth ‘The Gowri Way’ top ups) and MP3 downloads.
Gentle Birth Method Foundation Treatments
- Pregnancy Reflexology with GBM Specialist Reflexologist – at the Whittington Hospital (Also available at the Kailash Centre (NW8) at normal treatment rates)
- Support (follow-up) sessions of GBM Pregnancy Massage (Creative Healing) at Kailash Centre (St John’s Wood, NW8)
See below for more information on these classes and treatments:
Gentle Birth Method Foundation class details
- Gentle Birth Method Hypnobirth ‘The Gowri Way’ 4 week course, PLUS weekly yoga (with GBM Hypnobirth ‘The Gowri Way’ top ups) and MP3 downloads. (£350 donation)
- 4-week 90 minute Gentle Birth Method Hypnobirth ‘The Gowri Way’ course for couples
- Tuesdays 6pm – 7.30pm (new course every month)
- Live online by Zoom
- For maximum benefit, enrol on the Visualisation course at around 20 weeks gestation, or as soon as you can.
Teaches self-hypnosis and ‘trance’ techniques on how to deeply relax all the muscles in your body.
The course also includes visualisation of your baby’s development in your womb with welcoming thoughts that help the mother and baby bond deeply all the way through pregnancy.
We also include a visualisation of how the mother’s body prepares for birth and breastfeeding
The classes teach couples techniques on how to visualise and manifest the release of their own endorphins. Endorphins are nature’s own anaesthetic agents!
Mothers can practise these techniques all the way through pregnancy to encourage a comfortable pregnancy and a manageable birthing process.
Each session concludes with an effective and beautiful Birth Rehearsal.
You will be emailed class summaries and the GBM Pregnancy Guidelines. Included in the course fee are:
- Free MP3 audio file, ‘Prepare for Birth’, by Gowri to listen to every day.
This helps your mind to be pre-programmed for birth, so that on your birthing day, both mother and father are ready and equipped with strategies to able to manage the sensations of the birthing process easily.
- Weekly 60 minute live zoom yoga classes, followed by 30 minute relaxation and visualisation top ups that continues the support all the way through to birthing.
- Wednesdays 6pm-7.30pm
- This is for pregnant mothers only! Though fathers can join the 30 minute Visualisation if they wish on Zoom!
- You will need: a Yoga mat, a small and a large cushion, a blanket and some water.
- VIMEO link for 3 practice Yoga videos to do at home. The sessions starts with 50 minutes of yoga, followed by 40 minutes of Pranayama Breathing and finishes with a short relaxation. Classes are taught by Swati Raghavendra B.Sc, MCA, M.Sc Yoga, from Bangalore India
Once your booking is received, we will email you a Zoom link for your four week course and your Wednesday yoga. Your GBM Pregnancy Guidelines and class summaries will be emailed to you along with your VIMEO link. Your MP3 audio file will be sent by Wetransfer.
Gentle Birth Method Foundation treatment details
- Pregnancy Reflexology by the GBM Specialist Reflexologist. (£35 donation for NHS patients)
- One to one sessions for 50 minutes,
- Available on: Tuesdays and Fridays. Location – 5th floor Fetal Medicine Unit, Whittington Hospital.
- Also available on: Mondays at the Kailash Centre (NW8) £70 per session.
What is it? There are ‘reflex’ points on the feet linked to every part of the body. By massaging these points in a specific way reflexology can benefit your whole body. Pregnancy Reflexology helps relieve pregnancy symptoms, reduce stress and induce calm, increase energy levels, as well as cleanse the lymphatic system and the gut. See FAQs for more information.
The Gentle Birth Method Specialist Reflexologist is Adele, please see link: https://www.gentlebirthmethod.com/practitioners/adele-sarah-carby-gbm-specialist-pregnancy-reflexologist
- GBM Pregnancy Massage (Creative Healing) Follow-up Support Sessions at Kailash Centre (NW8) (£65 donation)
- One to one 60 minute Creative Healing treatments
- Available on: Mondays and Thursdays between 10am-2pm.
- Location – Kailash Centre, 7 Newcourt Street, London, NW8 7AA
What is it? Gentle Birth Method Pregnancy Massage with lymphatic drainage uses Joseph B. Stephenson’s Creative Healing techniques. The light-touch treatment normally commences with a lymphatic draining of the upper back and neck areas and then an abdominal toning and drainage and specific treatments on the pancreatic gland that improves digestion and also keeps your blood sugars balanced. There are various treatments depending on the needs of the mother and her gestation. See FAQs for more information.
These ‘follow-up support sessions’ are provided at lower cost so that mothers can have weekly treatments. Gowri has seen mothers benefit greatly from weekly continued care.
We advise mothers to have an initial 90 minute appointment with a Senior Gentle Birth Method Practitioners before having a follow-up sessions. To request a 90 minute initial appointment at: https://www.gentlebirthmethod.com/book
Gentle Birth Method Foundation Clinic is a not for profit registered charity organisation.
Charity Number: 1173798